Bihar Revival Forum is a small initiative towards achievement of the big dream. The forum is open for each and every well wisher of Bihar. The objective of the forum is to connect like minded people, register an NGO and ACT together towards the fulfillment of our own common dream “A Prosperous Bihar”.
We would like to invite you @ Bihar Revival Forum on Facebook
Bihar, the land of Lord Buddha, Mahaveera, Guru Gobind Singh, Vidyapati and of the countless scholars and achievers! Ironically, Bihar is one of the poor states today. Every year recurring floods affects millions and causes huge loss in terms of life, property, crop and revenue. Lack of higher educational infrastructure causes students (who can change destiny of Bihar), to migrate for education. There are less than a dozen medical and engineering colleges for state with a population of 100 millions. Unavailability of employment opportunity in home causes job seekers (educated or labors) to migrate for work. The list is big like insufficient hospitals, electricity, closed or non functioning factories of Sugarcane, Silk, Jute, Paper, Chemical factories etc. no BPO and Software industries. Bihar Revival Forum is a small initiative to achieve the great Bihari dream! Let the thoughts flow!
Problem - Solution
Most critical problem in Bihar is flood, education and unemployment. The recurring flood affects millions and causes huge loss in terms of life, property, crop and revenue. We have proposal to excavate a 356 km canal parallel to Nepal border and on Bihar soil. This will regulate the flood caused by rivers originating from Nepal and spreading havoc. For that canal we don’t have to rely on Nepal. Everything is in our hands. We have dreams to establish special economic zone in the region. This canal can regulate floods, generate abundant employment opportunities, produce hydro-electricity, can seal the Bihar-Nepal border, and can limit illegal activities on the border and more.
Bihar Kosi Calamity in 2008:
1. 2.5 million people were affected
2. Life of over 19 lakh people from 725 villages spread across 263 panchayats in 24 blocks of Madhepura, Araria, Supaul and Saharsa districts was on stake.
What if it happens again?
Facts and figures
Measurements Water Discharge through Koshi Breach : 1,29,800 cusec (Ref. Page 2, http://disastermgmt.bih.nic.in/Bulletin2008/dailyfloodreport/flood_23082008.pdf )
1 Cusec : .02832 cubic meter per second
No. of Seconds in a day (24*60*60) : 86400
Water discharged per day : 317606400 cubic meter
1 cubic meter : 1000 liter
1 hectare : 10,000 square meters
Cost of Excavation of a 1 hectare * 2 m : Rs 1.5 lakh (Ref. Page 12, http://ahd.bih.nic.in/Documents/ICAR-Report-Fisheries-Dev-Bihar.pdf)
Width of Nepal border: (356 km approx) 356000 m
Adbhut Samridhi Canal Proposal
Canal Parallel to Nepal border with dimension 350000 * 1000 * 2 cubic m which can store 70,00,00,000 cubic m of water and can store all the water flowing at 1,29,800 cusec for more than 2 days. Using the excavated soil the depth of the canal can be increased further which can store more water. Excavated soil can also be used to construct hydroelectric power generation units. Control on flood will increase agricultural production. Abundant electricity will lead to Industrial revival.
Appeal to Electrical/Civil Engineers
Please come forward and help us to network with Electrical/Civil Engineers with experience in Hydro-electricity/canal projects who can help us with their expertise to prepare a Detailed Project Report.
Appeal to Bihar (India)-Nepal Border People
Please come forward and help us to network with people from Bihar (India)-Nepal border region who can give us input/photo on topics like accessibility, roads, environment and geography. Biharis from the area closer to Bihar Nepal border like Kisanganj (Pothia, Tajabpur, Thakurgan, Jirangacch, Tulshia, Terhagacch), Araria (Sikti, Palasi, Kursakatta, Jogbani, Narpatganj), Supaul (Basantpur, Birpur, Terhi Bazar), Madhubani (Laukahi, Laukaha, Ladania, Jayanagar, Harlakhi, Madhwapur), Sitamarhi (Sursand, Pariharpur, Sonbarsa, Majorganj, Bairagnia), Purab Champaran (Ghorasahan, Adapur, Raxaul), Paschim Champaran (Sikta, Mainatanr, Rampur, Gawnaha, Gobardhana, Valmikinagar, Gardi).
To do list:
1. Proposal for the 356 km long Canal at Bihar-Nepal border. This canal will provide permanent solution to flood; proposed hydro-electricity plants should generate abundance of electricity. Control on flood will increase agricultural production. Abundant electricity will lead to Industrial revival.
2. Network with Electrical and Civil engineers who can help in preparing the Detailed Project Report (DPR) for the canal
3. Network with Biharis from the area closer to Bihar Nepal border like Kisanganj (Pothia, Tajabpur, Thakurgan, Jirangacch, Tulshia, Terhagacch), Araria (Sikti, Palasi, Kursakatta, Jogbani, Narpatganj), Supaul (Basantpur, Birpur, Terhi Bazar), Madhubani (Laukahi, Laukaha, Ladania, Jayanagar, Harlakhi, Madhwapur), Sitamarhi (Sursand, Pariharpur, Sonbarsa, Majorganj, Bairagnia), Purab Champaran (Ghorasahan, Adapur, Raxaul), Paschim Champaran (Sikta, Mainatanr, Rampur, Gawnaha, Gobardhana, Valmikinagar, Gardi). Collect information, photographs etc. which can be helpful in prepraring the DPR. Information about lands, roads, accessibility etc.
4. Network with doctors willing to improve the healthcare facilities in Bihar
5. Network with software engineers open to work from Bihar or can help in establishing software companies and projects
6. Network with investors/entrepreneurs and peruse them to invest in Bihar
7. Network with consultants who can get projects which can be executed from Bihar like Software, Call Center, BPO and outsourcing projects.
8. Network with Government officials and contacts, collaborate information and work in harmony
9. Network with Experts in their field and get help from them to start projects
10. Make a library of resources which can be useful to every one like crash courses, contacts, guides, helps, video-audio tutorials etc.
11. Make members in every village and panchayat who can work on ground level
12. Go through the Govt. web sites, use RTI, get information about all the Govt. projects and track status.
13. Network with media and get help to take BRF activities to public and govt.
14. Network with experts in Sugarcane, Silk, Jute, Paper, and Chemical industry and take their help to revive the industries in Bihar.
15. Network with education and management guru and get help to develop crash courses for teachers, students, workers, women, poor etc to learn/improve. Courses like Spoken English, computers etc.
16. Network with agriculture specialist and develop strategy to increase the production
17. Network with animal and cattle specialist and develop strategy to increase the cattle population and establish leather factories
18. Network with people who can help in fund raising
19. Network with industry specialist who can help our entrepreneurs to start similar projects
20. Network with scientists and get help from them to motivate and guide the students to scientific research to solve the problems.
We request you to join us and introduce yourself and/or your friends! A guideline for introduction is below:
1. Your profession/experience/expertize/area of work ( so that others can contact you if they need you expertize)
2. Your expectations from this forum
3. Your village and district and current location (so that we can tell you if an activity is planned there)
4. Your blood group
5. Your interests
We look forward for constructive inputs from you!
Thank you and regards,
Bihar Revival Forum